This Zucchini Noodle Frittata with Swiss Chard is a simple idea for a vegetarian breakfast or a good addition to a brunch. Seasonal vegetables are beaten in the fresh eggs of the farm and garnished with slices of juicy tomatoes and baked. Seasonal, local, and extra flavorful ingredients make all the difference!
- 1 small white onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 cups swiss chard
- 2 small zucchinis (or 1 large)
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large hot house tomato, sliced
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Lightly grease a 10-12″ cast iron skillet and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the onion into strips and cut carrots into small coins. Begin sautéing these veggies for 4-5 minutes on medium-low heat to soften.
- Dice the stems of the swiss chard and chop up the leaves. Slice zucchini or use a spiralizer to get zucchini noodles.
- Add swiss chard and zucchini to the pan with the other vegetables and toss for 1 minute.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, and salt and pour over the vegetables. Tuck veggies down into the egg mixture if necessary. Turn the heat up to medium and allow the frittata to cook for 3-4 minutes until the bottom sets.
- Turn off the heat and top the frittata with a sliced tomato and cracked pepper. Use an oven mitt to transfer the cast iron pan into the oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a knife in the center comes out clean and the edges are browning.
- Slice and serve.
Author: Marisa | Uproot Kitchen