This Whole30 Breakfast Casserole recipe is also vegetarian, paleo, low-carb, dairy-free and gluten-free. Made with nothing but eggs and nutritious veggies like spinach, eggplant, avocado, broccoli and tomato, this healthy breakfast bake is the perfect easy dish for a family brunch.
- 12 eggs beaten
- 1 large eggplant sliced (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 avocados* cubed
- 2 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 Roma tomatoes cubed
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F and grease a 9X14 inch casserole dish.
- Slice the eggplant then arrange the slices evenly on the bottom of the dish to make a layer and drizzle 3 tbsp olive oil on top.
- Transfer the casserole dish to the oven and roast the eggplant slices for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sweat the onion for 4 minutes then stir in the broccoli florets and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the green onion, fresh basil, fresh spinach and continue to cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Turn off the heat, remove skillet from the stove then gently stir in the avocado and tomato cubes and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Visit Whole30 Breakfast Casserole for full instructions
Nutrition Facts. Amount Per Serving (1 slice): Calories 281 | Calories from Fat 198 | Total Fat 22g 34% | Saturated Fat 4g 20% | Cholesterol 245mg 82% | Sodium 391mg 16% | Potassium 551mg 16% | Total Carbohydrates 11g 4% | Dietary Fiber 5g 20% | Sugars 4g | Protein 10g 20% | Vitamin A 13.1% | Vitamin C 13.6% | Calcium 6% | Iron 9.9%