This simple Vegan Taco Lasagna is my point of view on a Mexican lasagna. Homemade red tempeh sauce and delicious dairy-free cashew nut sauce give the wine an incredible taste. It is also gluten free and requires only 5 ingredients. Comfort food for children and families. Perfect for preparing dishes and preparing leftover taco meat (of course, vegetable-based).
- 12 medium-size Tortillas (I used gluten free)
- 1 batch of my Tempeh Bolognese
- 1 batch Vegan Cheese Sauce, reduce vegetable broth to 1 cup we want a more thicker sauce here
- Black beans from the Mexican Fiesta Cauliflower Rice, with 4 extra cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbs hot sauce
- Salt, pepper to taste
- First prepare the black beans according the directions in my Mexican Fiesta Cauliflower Rice but add 4 extra cloves garlic. Spice up the prepared tempeh Bolognese with hot sauce.
- When you also have prepared the Vegan Cheese Sauce, it’s time to assemble: start with cheese sauce to cover thinly the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Next come tortillas, followed by tempeh Bolognese and beans. Add cheese sauce, then repeat this three times. Finish with a top layer of tortillas and a good amount of the vegan cheese sauce.
- Finally bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 360°F.