1. Vegan Red Thai Coconut Curry
Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 White Onion finely diced
- 1 thumb-sized Piece of Ginger minced
- 3 tbsp Red Curry Paste (ensure yours is vegan, or make your own)
- 2 x 400ml cans Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Chilli Paste
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 head Broccoli cut into florets
- 6-7 Small Potatoes quartered
- 1 large handful Green Beans
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 block (250g) Tofu cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large handful Spinach
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Red Chilli
- Fresh Coriander
- Sesame Seeds
First, wash and quarter the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
While the potatoes are boiling, start making the sauce. Add a little oil to the bottom of a large stockpot. Cook the finely diced onion and the minced ginger over a medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the curry paste and cook for another minute.
Next, add the coconut milk and give everything a good stir. Add the soy sauce, chilli paste and bring to a simmer.
In another frying pan, heat a little oil and fry the tofu until it’s golden on all sides.
Add the cooked potatoes, and the other vegetables (except the spinach) into the curry sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. In the end, stir in the rice wine vinegar and the spinach, until the spinach wilts.
Serve the curry with rice, and top with the tofu, some sliced red chilli, sliced red onion, some fresh coriander and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.