This Crock Pot Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup has a Thai spin! It uses butternut squash noodles so it’s gluten and grain free and perfect for cold evenings!
- 6 Cups Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Celery sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups Carrots sliced
- 1/2 Cup Onion diced
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp Paleo fish sauce
- 2 Inches fresh ginger peeled
- 2 Stalks lemon grass each cut into three **read notes
- 6 Star anise pods do NOT omit – these are key
- Black peppercorns
- 1 Lb Chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat *
- 1 Tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 lbs Small Butternut squash peeled, seeded, and spiralized with blade B(about 4 of squash not prepped or just over 1 1/2 lbs prepped) ***
- Juice of half a large lime
- 1 tsp Sriracha or to taste
- Finely sliced mint for garnish
- Finely sliced Thai basil for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
Add all the ingredients, up to the star anise, into a 7 quart slow cooker and stir together.
Place the star anise pods into a tea ball and fill up an additional tea ball with black peppercorns (no need to measure – just fill it.) Place them into the slow cooker.
Pat the chicken thighs dry and rub the Chinese 5 spice all over them. Place into the slow cooker.
Cook until the chicken is tender, about 7-8 hours on low.
Once the soup is done, stir in the butternut squash noodles and cook another 10-15 minutes, just until the noodles are tender. They cook quickly so keep an eye on them!
- Visit Thai Crock Pot Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup for full instructions
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: Calories 268 | Calories from Fat 74 | Total Fat 8.2g 13% | Saturated Fat 3g 15% | Polyunsaturated Fat 1g | Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g | Cholesterol 84mg 28% | Sodium 2741mg 114% | Potassium 985mg 28% | Total Carbohydrates 30.7g 10% | Dietary Fiber 5.9g 24% | Sugars 7.1g | Protein 23.1g 46%