I’m always on the lookout for simple recipes that my family will enjoy, especially when it comes to dinner. I love to cook but there are many days when I don’t have an hour+ to prepare a meal.
With summer on the horizon and lots of family fun planned, I’ve been searching for quick and easy family dinners.
That’s when I found and adapted this Taco Pizza recipe.
With a cream cheese/sour cream “sauce” and spicy taco flavor, Taco Pizza is a great as an easy family dinner or a tasty appetizer.
Every time I make this, I can never be sure who loves it more – the kids or my husband; they all gobble it up and ask for more! (Okay, I should add me in there too – I’m a sucker for cream cheese!)
The best part is Taco Pizza can be made ahead of time (even the night before) and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat!
- 2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix or 2 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Use a whisk to remove any lumps. Spread over the cooled crust. (I let my crust cool for around 20 minutes.) Chill in the refrigerator.
- Brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning packet and water, according to package directions. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the ground beef evenly over the cream cheese layer. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Cut into serving-size pieces and serve immediately or refrigerate.