Pizza without cheese? Believe it or not, it can be utterly delicious! This summertime pizza with its creamy, garlicky sauce and peak-season produce is proof positive.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) homemade or store-bought pizza dough (I’m on a Trader Joe’s whole wheat kick)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 2 medium ears of corn), divided
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for brushing pan and crust
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small white onion, sliced and rings separated
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes or 2 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn or cut chiffonade-style
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush a large cookie sheet lightly with olive oil or prepare a pizza stone. Roll or pull the dough into an approximately 14-inch diameter circle. Brush entire crust with olive oil.
- Visit Summer Corn & Tomato Vegan Pizza for full instructions