Spring Pea and Pasta Salad with Chicken and Asparagus — If your herb garden is going strong, you can snip parsley and chives fresh from the source. Tarragon is worth seeking out for this dish; its anise notes are the distinguishing flavor.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch) pieces asparagus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed green peas
- 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Visit Spring Pea and Pasta Salad with Chicken and Asparagus for full instructions