Nicknamed my POWER SALAD, this Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado and Goat Cheese is pretty much the best salad ever! Here is a short video showing you how to make it. Scroll to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe.
Oh, if I were a single girl, I’d eat salad every night for dinner. That’s how much I love the stuff. I’d eat mixed greens with berries and chicken. I’d eat arugula topped with salmon and drizzled with fresh lemon juice and olive oil. I’d eat crunchy romaine with roasted tomatoes, bacon and a generous dose of blue cheese dressing. And I’d eat a ton of spinach salads like this Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado and Goat Cheese.
I gave up my single life (and eating salads for dinner) 17 years ago. It’s pretty rare that I can actually get away with serving salad for dinner these days. Instead, my family wants their version of dinner, which means a plateful of three things: a meat, a starch and a vegetable (or a big bowl of pasta).
Having somewhat of a rebellious nature, I decided to go for it with this salad. I fed my family SALAD for dinner. I started with spinach… sliced it into slivers.
- 8 cups chopped spinach (1 bag)
- 1 cup halved cherry or pear tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen, canned, or cut off the cob)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl. add remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss (a little at a time… as much dressing as you desire).