Spicy Chickpea and Quinoa Bowls (Meal Prep) — This recipe is great for meal prep because although it’s a meatless dish, it is extremely filling! I seriously can’t stress enough the amount of flavor in these chickpeas…sautéed onion and garlic mixed with tomatoes, cumin and red pepper flakes all simmered together and topped with fresh cilantro.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (or more if you like a lot of heat!)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Fresh cilantro, garnish (optional)
- To make quinoa, rinse and soak for about 10 minutes in warm water. Bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil in a small saucepan, drain quinoa and add to boiling broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off heat and allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork; set aside.
Visit Spicy Chickpea and Quinoa Bowls (Meal Prep) for full instructions