Does anyone still feel tired of all these festivities? Seriously, I like a good turkey and a merry Christmas, but I feel it’s time to be a little cheaper. These spicy Baked Swai packages are filled with delicious Asian flavors so you do not feel overweight!
- 2 filets of swai (or another delicate fish such as tilapia)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 carrot, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp. scallions, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Tear two large pieces of parchment paper and fold in half. Using the folded line as the center, cut out a half heart shape from each piece (so that when you unfold each piece, you will have a heart shaped piece of parchment paper). Unfold each heart and place one piece of swai on the center fold of each heart. In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger paste, garlic paste, and shredded carrot. Stir until combined. Divide the mixture evenly between the two swai filets. Fold up the sides of each parchment packet and crimp them together by making multiple smaller folds.
- Place parchment packets on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, make the sauce. Combine hoisin sauce, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, gochujang paste, and scallions in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook until slightly thickened, stirring often. Keep warm.
- When fish is finished cooking, remove packets from oven and slice open parchment paper. Serve with sauce and extra green onions. This dish goes well with rice or orzo on the side if desired. Enjoy!