I know I normally post recipes and helpful gluten free living tips on my blog, but today, I discovered the trick to getting the softest and silkiest legs.
It all started yesterday when Clint and I were out shopping. We weren’t shopping for anything specific but recently I have been “shopping” for some sugar body scrub. Let me just tell you, sugar body scrub is NOT cheap, even at Walmart. I finally just decided to do some research and found a recipe for sugar scrub that I could make with things I had on hand at home. When all said and done, this scrub probably cost me $3 to make and it made a lot!!! This sugar scrub is not the key to the soft and silky legs tho, this is just one of the steps!!! Below is the recipe for this at home sugar scrub and the steps to the silkiest legs I have ever had!!! Seriously, I was shocked enough that I’m posting it to a recipe blog!!!
- 2 1/2 Cups of Sugar (Yes, just normal sugar)
- 1 Cup of oil (I used Olive Oil and of course, I smell a little like Olive Oil. You can also use Canola, Vegetable, Avocado, Coconut or any fragranced body oil you have).
- 5 Tablespoons of a citrus juice. Preferably fresh squeezed. (I used Key Lime)
- Draw you a warm/hot bath.
- Soak for about five minutes.
- Shave one leg.
- Take a palm full of your homemade sugar scrub and scrub that leg and then rinse off.
- Shave your leg again. Yes, again.
- Take a palm full of sugar scrub and scrub your leg again.
- Repeat on your other leg.
- After your bath, dry off and then lotion your legs.
When you shave your leg the first time, obviously, it’s going to remove the hair. When you scrub after you shave, it removes any dead skin. By shaving your leg again after you use the sugar scrub, you are getting all of that dead skin off of your leg. You will need to rinse your razor frequently (you will see why).