Livened up with a zingy horseradish and dill cream cheese, these simple yet fancy smoked salmon and cream cheese cucumber bites are crunchy, creamy finger food food perfection! You’re going to just love them!
I made all of the food, which was fun for me, of course. And judging from the leftovers, everyone else enjoyed the spread too 😉 I made a banana cream pie that I will be remaking for you guys this week. It was so lovely, and now that I’m thinking about it… I wish there were some left. This girl could use a snack. Good thing I have some of these smoked salmon and cream cheese cucumber bites hiding close by!
I made these cucumber bites as a light appetizer, and they were a smash hit. For me, and them. I love to host parties, but hate letting myself get overwhelmed with complicated, messy recipes that leave me frazzled. and my kitchen a f*#king mess. Simple is much better. And the fact that these pretty little bites take less than 10 minutes makes them way attractive from a hosts perspective. Also, my friends said they were way delicious. So high five/ WIN.
- prep 10 mins
- total 10 mins
- yield 40 bites
- 2 English Cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1″ rounds
- 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into bite sized pieces
- (1) 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Horseradish (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional
- Toothpicks or tiny party forks
- Peel cucumbers and slice them into 1″ circles. Arrange on a platter as desired. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the cream cheese.
- Place cream cheese, dill, horseradish, and cream in a large bowl. Beat until well combined (a handheld mixer really helps here.)
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on top each cucumber slice (more or less to taste), then top each slice with a bite sized piece of smoked salmon. Insert a toothpick down the center to keep in place.
- Serve at once, or keep in the refrigerator until needed.
*I recommend making these as close to the serving time as possible.