Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables — This baked Italian chicken recipe honors summer by using some of the best vegetables of the season: tomatoes, zucchini, and green beans. The variety makes the final dish beautiful, colorful, and nutritious.
- 4 small 6 to 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt — divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes — left whole
- 1 medium zucchini — or yellow summer squash
- 2 cups green beans — about 6 ounces
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cover a large cutting board with a sheet of plastic wrap, lay the chicken on top, then stretch a second sheet of plastic wrap across the top. Lightly pound the chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness (this will help them cook more quickly and evenly). Uncover the chicken and discard the plastic. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and place in a large ziptop bag.
- Visit Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables for full instructions