Raw Vegan with Collard Wraps — Raw vegan are perfect if you want to eat healthy and detoxify your body from heavy meals or processed foods. These Collard wraps will be your new favorite health food. Ready to use in minutes and full of flavors of avocados, peppers, alfalfa, pecans and tamari mix. Gluten free and Paleo too.
- 4 large collard leaves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 ounces alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon tamari use coconut aminos for paleo version
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- To prepare collard leaves wash leaves, cut off white stem at the bottom that has no leaves and place them in a bath of warm water with juice of half a lemon. Let soak for 10 minutes. Dry the leaves off with paper towels and using a knife thinly slice down the central root (to make it easier to bend the leaves for wrapping).
- Slice avocado and pepper.
- In a food processor combine pecans, tamari, cumin (or garlic ginger mix) and olive oil. Pulse until combined and mixture clumps together.
- Place a collard leaf in front of you and layer nut mix, red pepper slices, avocado slices, a drizzle of lime juice and alfalfa sprouts. Fold over the top and bottom and then wrap up the sides. Slice in half and serve.
Author: Vicky Berman. Nutrition Facts. Amount Per Serving: Calories 279 | Calories from Fat 234 | Total Fat 26g | Saturated Fat 2g | Sodium 257mg | Potassium 428mg | Total Carbohydrates 11g | Dietary Fiber 6g | Sugars 2g | Protein 4g