Rainbow Poke Cake With Whipped Cream is just about the happiest sheet cake you’ll ever make in your life. And with a deliciously fluffy whipped cream topping and super moist cake. Rainbow Poke Cake With Whipped Cream made with no cake mix. Condensed milk makes this poke cake super moist and fluffy stabilized whipped cream won’t melt!
RAINBOW POKE CAKE:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk warmed for 30 sec in microwave to bring to room temp
- [url:1]Rainbow colors of Gel food coloring[/url]
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING:
- 2 teaspoons unflavored Knox gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
TO MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In your stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together until much lighter in color, like a easter-y spring yellow (2-3 minutes)
- Add in the egg whites and vanilla until totally combined
- Add the salt and baking powder to the flour
- Add in the dry ingredients and the milk alternating 1 cup of flour and ½ cup of milk at a time
- Add one cup of the batter to 6 different bowlsColor each bowl with your gel food coloring in red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- Mix until the colors are fully combined.
- Your choice here: Spoon or ziploc bags. Either add the batter to 6 sandwich size ziploc bags and pipe just enough to make a thin layer of each color OR with a small spoon, spoon just under a tablespoon of batter into each cup.
- Start with purple, then blue, then green, then yellow, then orange and finally red.
- Visit Rainbow Poke Cake With Whipped Cream for full instructions