- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the quinoa and 1 1/2 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 12 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and most of the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let the quinoa sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Strain any excess liquid.
- Visit Pizza Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini for full instructions