I saw these quite some time ago on Bake or Break and then again on Nosh and Tell and I knew I had to make them. If you have been following my blog, you know I love anything chocolate and peanut butter and so does my boyfriend Zack. He and I went to visit his parents for the 4th of July and I always like to bring some kind of baked good with me when we visit. I always bring Buckeyes at Christmas and they go crazy for them. Actually, I made some last Christmas and believe it or not I forgot to take pictures and blog about them! Don’t worry, I will not forget this Christmas. Anyway, I knew Zack’s family would love these. When these brownies were on Bake or Break and Nosh and Tell they made the brownie batter from scratch. I took the easy way out and used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix. I personally think it is the best box mix you can get and can easily beat some “from scratch” recipes. This recipe also was written to make 12 servings using a muffin tin. I went ahead and made them in a mini-muffin tin and it made 40 brownies! When you decide to make these (and you will decide to make these) do what works for you.
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups.
- Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups (about 1 heaping teaspoon). Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet. After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir. While brownies are still warm spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan.