You’ve come to the most viewed, most pinned, most downloaded recipe here at O Taste and See!
Thanks for visiting, pull up a chair and have a look around.
This recipe epitomized my new motto for dinner….
“When in doubt, smother with cheese and bacon!”
There’s really not much to say about Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Bacon except….YUM!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese – for melting on top
- 3-4 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled (can leave slightly under-done, it will finish cooking under broiler)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Oil for frying – about 1/2 – 3/4 cup depending on size of skillet
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts – about 4-5 oz each
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small shallow bowl, mix egg and water
- In another shallow bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and garlic
- Heat oil over medium-high heat
- Dip each chicken breast first in egg mixture then in cheese (*note: If oil isn’t hot enough your crust may stick to the bottom of the pan and you’ll lose it all)
- Fry in hot oil until crust is golden brown
- Prepare a baking pan by covering with foil and placing wire rack on top
- Place chicken on rack and bake about 20 minutes or until juices run clear
- Time will depend on thickness of chicken
- Remove from oven and turn oven to broil
- Top each piece of chicken with Asiago cheese and bacon and place under broiler to melt cheese