Wow! This recipe by Hellmann’s/Best Foods sounds too good to be true – with it’s 4 ingredients, 5 minutes of prep time and 20 quick minutes of baking time – but it’s totally true and totally amazing! Even my husband who is not a fan of mayo (a key ingredient in this recipe) absolutely raved about this dish and cannot wait to have it again. In fact, I wanted to take a picture of him enjoying it but he devoured it before I could grab the camera! Hellmann’s, or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise as those of us on the west coast know it, really knocked it out of the park with this recipe.
Think juicy, moist, tender and incredibly tasty. Don’t let the limited number of ingredients fool you. Their mayo gives it all the richness in flavor you could desire.
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s or Best Food’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, about 1 1/4 lbs. total weight or about 5 ounces per breast
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Place mayo and cheese in a small bowl and mix.
- Lay chicken breasts on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy) and spread mayo mixture evenly atop each.
- Next evenly sprinkle bread crumbs atop each.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and juices run clear. Tops will be browned and chicken will be incredibly juicy. You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
Season with a dash of fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, if desired.
- Serve with a veggie like these delicious fresh french green beans that I steamed.