Paleo Breakfast Bread — This paleo fruit and nut bread is an amazingly nutrient rich food, made with a base of almond meal, mashed banana, a couple of eggs and a touch of coconut oil — the rest is a boatload of chopped dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. And guess what? It’s really good!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds (whole)
- 2 cups rough chopped nuts (I used almonds, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, and hazelnuts.)
- 2 cups rough chopped dried fruits (I used apricots, figs, cranberries, dates, pineapple, and blueberries.)
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a standard loaf pan. I like to line it with a sheet of parchment so I can lift the bread out for slicing.
- Mash the two bananas really well. I actually did this in my small food processor to get a smooth result. Put them into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs and coconut oil really well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt and blend well.
- Fold in the fruits, nuts, and seeds and blend until everything is well distributed.
- Visit Paleo Breakfast Bread for full instructions
Nutrition Facts. Amount per Serving : Calories: 397.89 kcal | Fat: 27.38 g | Saturated fat: 6.51 g | Carbs: 34.18 g | Protein: 10.51 g | Fiber: 7.07 g | Sugar: 17.92 g | Sodium: 95.83 mg | Trans fat: 0.0 g | Cholesterol: 31.0 mg