- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbls maple syrup
- 2 tbls unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- organic dark chocolate
- Place 1 cup shredded coconut and 3 tsp coconut oil into the bowl of a food processor. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides every once in a while until it reaches a butter consistency.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Add 3/4 cup of additional shredded coconut and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined and formed a batter.
- Shape the coconut mixture into 1” balls and coat with the additional shredded coconut. Refrigerate for at last an hour or up to a week.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- If you’d like to make these extra special, omit the final coating of shredded coconut in step 4 above. Allow the shaped coconut balls to firm up in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
- Once the coconut balls have firmed up, melt the dark chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. This should only take a minute or two.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the coconut balls into the melted chocolate and sprinkle them with the shredded coconut. Allow the chocolate to harden by placing the coconut balls back into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.