Breakfast lovers, jazz up your mornings with this Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble, made with potatoes, turkey taco meat, scrambled eggs and salsa (cheese is optional!) perfect to make ahead for breakfast for the week!
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese (omit for whole30)
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or see below for homemade)
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions or cilantro, for topping
- salsa, for serving
For the potatoes:
- 12 (1 lb) baby gold or red potatoes, quartered
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh black pepper, to taste
For homemade taco seasoning:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, season with seasoning salt and add the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a 9 x 12 or large oval casserole dish with oil.
- Add the potatoes 1 tablespoon oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper and toss.
- Bake until tender, tossing every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink add the spices and mix well.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Visit Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble for full instructions
Nutrition Facts. Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4. Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450 calories | Total Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 435mg | Sodium: 1145.5mg | Carbohydrates: 24.5g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 46g