Matar Mushroom — a creamy textured, restaurant style Indian mushroom gravy that makes for a delicious vegetarian dinner with naan.
- Mushrooms 250 gms, cleaned, washed and sliced
- Green peas 3/4 cup
- Onion 1, medium, finely chopped
- Ginger green chili paste – 1/2″ piece ginger+2 green chilis crushed
- Tomatoes 1, large, blanch, peel and puree
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri methi 1 tsp, crushed
- Garam masala powder crush 2 cloves, 1/2″ cinnamon stick, 1 green cardamom, 5 peppercorns
- Cashewnuts 8, soak in 1/4 cup milk for 15 mts and grind to a paste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Fresh cream 2 tbsps OR malai
- Oil 2 tbps+1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- Heat ghee or butter in a cooking vessel, add the sliced mushrooms and saute for 2 mts. Set aside.
- In the same vessel, add the oil and add the chopped onions and saute for 4 mts. Add the crushed ginger-green chili paste and saute for 2 mts on low-medium flame.
- Visit Matar Mushroom – Indian Food Recipes for full instructions