Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese — this healthy and cheesy mashed cauliflower is creamy and fluffy, with cheddar cheese and crispy bacon. This low carb, keto and palaeo flavor version uses cooked cauliflower, grated cheddar cheese, cream cheese and butter to make a delicious accompaniment to prepare for Thanksgiving or other occasions. My final touches are some cream and cheddar cheese and crunchy bacon crumbs. Yum
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons salted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 small scallion thinly sliced
- Place cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- While waiting for the cauliflower to microwave, heat bacon slices on a pan over medium heat and cook until crispy. Drain on a paper towel and crumble into small pieces.
When the cauliflower is done, transfer the florets to a paper towel to drain for about 5 minutes or until it stops steaming.
- Visit Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese for full instructions
Nutrition Facts. Amount Per Servings: Calories 380 | Total Fat 32g 50% | Saturated Fat 20g 100% | Trans Fat 0g | Cholesterol 106mg 35% | Sodium 780mg 33% | Potassium 0mg | Total Carb 6.5g 2% | Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10% | Sugars 3g | Protein 13g | Vitamin A 20% | Vitamin C 76% | Calcium 24% | Iron 3%