Mango Berry Cheesecake! A surprisingly pink “cheesecake” with dairy-free mango cream, fresh fruit and a special, magical ingredient to enhance color and flavor. Not only beautiful from the outside, but also from the inside! Whole food ingredients and no added sugar! And there is a nice surprise: if you cut it, you will see the beautiful pieces of strawberry and mango on each slice! Love.
Coconut Flour Crust
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Mango Cashew Cream
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 55 drops stevia to taste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract I use alcohol free
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup mango about 1 whole mango
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp turmeric for color
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Dash of salt
Fresh Fruit Layer
- 1/2 cup mango diced
- 2 strawberries sliced
Strawberry Cream Layer
- 1.2 oz package of freeze dried strawberries
- 1 large strawberry
- 2 Tbs mango
- Squeeze of lemon juice about 1 Tbs
To make the crust:
Add flour to a medium bowl. Add salt, water, and melted coconut oil. Mix well with a fork.
Press into a 7″ parchment-lined springform pan. Set aside while you make the filling.
To make the mango cheesecake layer:
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight. OR soak in hot water (brought to a boil) for 2 hours. Drain and rinse.
Place soaked cashews in a food processor and blend for several minutes. Scrape down the sides and add the remaining ingredients. Blend smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
Pour half the cheesecake filling over the crust.
Add a layer of strawberry slices pressed around the perimeter of the springform, then a circle of diced mango around the strawberries. (Avoid placing fruit in the center, since that makes it more difficult to slice.)
Cover the fruit with more cheesecake filling, reserving several large spoonfuls for the last layer.
To make the strawberry layer:
- Add the freeze dried strawberries to the food processor and blend smooth, followed by the remaining ingredients. Add extra lemon juice to help it blend, if needed.
Spread the pink cream over the cheesecake. Decorate with more fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours to set. When it’s firm to the touch, it’s ready to eat!
I used a small cheesecake pan. If you use a standard size (9") your cake will be flatter/shorter. You can double the recipe if you wish. *If you prefer not to use stevia, replace the coconut milk with an equal amount of maple syrup to taste. I would try 3-4 Tbs.