Add some sunshine to your winter day with this Low Carb Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake. Make this dessert delicious and easy to cook in minutes. One of the best features of a low carb diet is the ability to prepare desserts similar to a cheesecake while staying on a diet. This no bake, Low carb lemon strawberry cheesecake treat is case in point. Shiny lemons go perfectly with thick, fresh strawberries. And we all know strawberries and cheesecake are a match made in heaven. This dessert only lasts a few minutes and contains only 5.3 grams net carbs.
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener**
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 strawberries, large
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, sweetener and whipping cream. Beat on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add in lemon extract and mix well. If you would like more lemon flavor add a bit of the lemon zest as you won’t need all of it.
- Take 1 of the strawberries and chop into little pieces. With the other strawberry, slice into thin heart shaped pieces.
- Fill each jar half way with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the chopped strawberry to both jars to make a nice layer.
- Top the strawberries with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
- Use the slices of the strawberry to make a flow pattern on top.
- Sprinkle lemon zest in the middle of each flower. You don’t have to use all the zest, just what looks nice.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
**You can use whatever sweetener you like. Just make sure the amount you use is equal to 1/3 cup sugar. Nutrition Facts : 474 cals / 48.2g fat / 5.7g carbs / 0.4g fiber / 4.5g protein = 5.3g net carbs