Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada — This Low-carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada is made with “zucchini tortillas” and it’s loaded with enchilada sauce, chicken, and cheese. This is definitely the perfect recipe if you are on low-carb and gluten-free diets. Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada is definitely a great twist on this Mexican dish especially now that is spring and soon summer! Zucchini is such a hit throughout the season so it is the perfect recipe to make these upcoming months.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion — chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce — divided
- 4 large zucchini — (sliced with a mandolin or peeler)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Sour cream — for drizzling
- Fresh cilantro leaves — for garnish
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and salt.
Cook until golden and brown. It’s about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce.
Stir well until combined.
- Visit Low-Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada for full instructions