These Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are covered with a bottom layer of almond flour crust, a middle cheesecake layer and a top layer of pumpkin. Low carb, keto friendly, and gluten-free.
These dessert bars represent the best of both worlds – a pumpkin pie and a cheesecake, so you can get both flavors with just one bite. They are perfect for people who like the pumpkin flavor a bit too strong, because the layer of cheesecake helps to balance the pumpkin. The bars have a dense texture with a firm almond flour crust at the bottom, a layer of thick and rich cheese cake and a lighter pumpkin layer at the top.
For the crust:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol sweetener
For the filling:
- 32 ounces cream cheese (avoid low fat or no fat) softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered erythritol sweetener
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 8 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter and erythritol in a mixing bowl, and stir together. Add almond flour, stirring until incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Press down along the bottom of the dish to form a flat and smooth crust.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes at 300 F. Remove the crust from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes while you work on the filling.
Make the cheesecake and pumpkin layers:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine cream cheese and erythritol in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat on low speed until light and airy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating them in until combined. The resulting mixture should be very fluffy and airy.
- Transfer about half of the mixture over the crust, spreading it out evenly — this becomes the cheesecake layer.
- Combine the remaining mixture with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Beat until smooth.
- Carefully scoop a small amount of pumpkin mixture over the cheesecake layer. Repeat to evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture over the cheesecake layer. Use a rubber spatula to spread out and smooth the pumpkin layer.
- Bake at 350 F until set, about 50 minutes. Ovens can vary so it may take you more or less time; frequently monitor the cheesecake and remove when done.
- Let the pumpkin cheesecake cool, and then refrigerate overnight to harden before cutting into it.
- To serve, slice into bars and optionally top with a dollop of whipped cream.
This recipe yields 2.5 g net carbs per serving (1 bar). Nutrition information does not include erythritol, which cannot be digested by the body. Nutrition Facts Per Serving. Calories 230 | Total Fat 22g | Saturated Fat 10g| Trans Fat 0g | Cholesterol 78mg | Sodium 180mg | Potassium 60mg | Total Carb 4g | Dietary Fiber 1.5g | Sugars 0.5g | Protein 6g