Game day! That’s right, it has become a huge deal in our home to sit and watch football. It only took my husband 44 years to finally decide that he likes football. I should rephrase that, that he likes to sit and watch football. He is no longer content to read the sports page and sip his coffee. He wants to see every play first hand.
I thought I was one of the few wives left on earth that was lucky enough to not have my Sundays and Mondays ruled by a football schedule.
It is a schedule because the NFL has the gall to play more than two teams on any given day…LOL
I am saying this all in tongue and cheek because I love football. I grew up watching it with my grandfather. That was back in the day when the Chicago Bears had the Refrigerator (a player).
I have enjoyed having the time to spend with my hubby and with our kids. We make yummy food, choose teams and wear our favorite colors. This season we hope to be wearing a lot of PURPLE…go RAVENS!
This dip is popular throughout the web and can be found on numerous blogs, Pinterest accounts and feeds. It’s not that hard to throw together but it is still so dang good.
The dip can be made up the night before and the topping can be ready to go in a baggie. It’s a great traveler to take to friends and family that are having game day parties. You can alter the temperature of the dip based on the jalapeno’s used and wether you decide to have seeds or no seeds.
- 6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
- 2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 4-6 jalapeno’s, chopped and deseeded. The seeds will make it fiery hot.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish. The size of the dish depends on how thick the dip is. The thicker the dip the longer it may need to warm up. I used this stoneware dish that is round and measures 12 inches across. My dip is usually about an inch thick.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.
- Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.