Easy Italian Chicken and Veggies is a delicious meal the whole family will love! This restaurant quality dish is one you’ll want to make over & over again!
- 1 medium (~1 and 1/2 cups) zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup (~2-3 full peppers) jarred roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 pound (2 large breasts) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced in half
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, separated
- 1/3 cup white flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, separated
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, ribboned
- Optional: freshly grated Parmesan cheese, cooked pasta to serve over
- Start by prepping the veggies: half the zucchini lengthwise and then slice into half-moons. Slice the mushrooms. Dice the roasted bell peppers.
- Next, prep the chicken breasts: Remove excess fat and cut the large breasts evenly in half widthwise to get 4 thin breasts. Pound the breasts to make sure they are completely even thickness. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the breasts. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning evenly among the breasts and rub into the breasts. Take each piece of chicken and dredge in the 1/3 cup of flour until completely coated. Set aside for a couple minutes to allow the chicken to come to room temperature.
- Visit Italian Chicken and Veggies for full instructions