Italian Braised Chicken – delicious one-pot braised chicken recipe with tomato and basil sauce. Amazing weeknight meal for the family!
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- Ground black pepper
- 14 oz half can of a 28-oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 fresh Italian basil leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley for garnishing
- Rinse the chicken thighs with water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken. Puree the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Visit Italian Braised Chicken for full instructions