Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower Soup — This tasty soup is low-carb, Keto, gluten-free, and can be South Beach Diet friendly.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 large head cauliflower, leaves removed and coarsely chopped including the stem
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup grated extra sharp yellow cheddar (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup grated extra sharp white cheddar (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup milk, half and half, or cream
- 2/3 cup cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 8 strips bacon, including the crumbled bacon to add at the table)
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles with juice (Anaheim chiles, not jalapenos, unless you like it really spicy.)
- 1 T Green Tabasco Sauce (optional, use more or less to taste)
- additional grated cheese and crumbled bacon to add at the table, plus other toppings as desired
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot on SAUTE, high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until the onion is soft and starting to brown, about 4-5 minutes. While the onion cooks, coarsely chop the cauliflower, including the stems.
- Add chopped cauliflower, chicken stock, garlic powder, and salt to the Instant Pot and set on MANUAL, HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes cooking time. When five minutes is up, use QUICK RELEASE method to release the pressure.
- Visit Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower Soup for full instructions