Incredible Squash Pizza — There is an amazing array of pizza choices in this town. For under ten dollars one can get a all organic pizza, a spelt crust pizza, a pizza cooked in a wood-fire oven, a gluten free, vegan, or a totally raw one on a sprouted buckwheat crust.
- 3 Cups Mashed Butternut Squash (1 large squash)
- 1 Cup Almond Flour (if you want a nut free pizza, try using fine corn meal)
- 3/4 Cup Garbanzo Flour
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 Tbsp. Ground flax
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Green Pizza Sauce
- A handful of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- A couple of handfuls arugula, herbs, or baby beet greens
Green Pizza Sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Cup packed basil
- 1 Cup packed spinach
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 Tbsp. Olive oil
- To Make Green Sauce Pizza : In a food processor puree the cashews, basil, and spinach until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and oil, mix to combine.
- Begin by preparing the squash for roasting. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Lay cut side down in a roasting pan and fill halfway with water. Cook in a 200 C (400 F) oven for 40minutes to 1 hour (adding more water as needed to top up), or until a fork can easily pierce the flesh of the squash. Let cool, then scoop out the flesh.
- Visit Incredible Squash Pizza for full instructions