I’ve never been much of a smoothie drinker, mostly because I feel like I’m drinking a boat load of calories that do nothing to fill me up, but not so with this recipe! It’s super filling (holds me over until lunch), low in calories, high in protein, and the perfect morning pick-me-up! To be honest, it’s not very sweet, but I’m a black coffee drinker, so it’s absolutely perfect for me.
SERVINGS: About 2 (It’s just the right amount for my husband and I to share, and only about 115 calories per serving!)
- About 2 Cups of Ice
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 Chopped Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth (start with less ice and keep adding more until you get the consistency you like). Feel free to add a little plain greek yogurt or peanut butter to make it richer.
- You can also puree this recipe (with an unfrozen banana), and pour it over ice. Keep in mind that this will lower the servings.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and add some of your own favorite ingredients (unsweetened cocoa powder, greek yogurt, flax meal, coconut milk, oatmeal, chia seeds, peanut butter, etc.)
- Be sure to use a protein powder that you love. If you find the protein powder taste to be a little overwhelming, try using just 1/2 a scoop, and add a little plain greek yogurt.
- Use more or less banana depending on how sweet you would like your drink (the frozen banana also makes it a lot creamier– closer to a shake than a smoothie). When I really want to treat myself, I use 2 frozen bananas.