Honey Mustard Baked Fish and Veggies is a quick dish in 30 minutes! A complete meal with light and healthy fish, then baked with healthy vegetables. Yes, even non-fish lovers like that! And just a few simple and authentic food ingredients. Promise! Get a healthy dinner on the table in no time! Palaeo friendly.
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 tbsp clarified butter or oil (i.e olive oil or avocado oil)
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- pinch of sea alt/black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts (shavings or chopped)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or smoked paprika
- 2 cod fillets (4oz-5oz each) – Or other white fish such as haddock or tilapia. We use sizzlefish Cod
- 1/4 cup a mustard dressing/vinaigrette (or 3 tbsp honey or dijon mustard with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp red wine vinegar)
- lemon juice and sliced lemons to go on top
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese or feta cheese to top (Omit for paleo option)
- Parsley and extra lemon wedge garnish
- red pepper flakes (optional to season each plate)
- Wash and clean your vegetables and fish fillets.
- Cut Potatoes into quarters and finely chop Brussels sprouts or place Brussels sprouts in a food processor to create shavings.
- Next, lightly pan fry your potatoes in 1 tbsp oil or butter, 1/4 cup onion, garlic, and a pinch of sea salt/pepper. Cook until potatoes are slightly tender and onions start to caramelize. About 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Next, coat your fillets in the mustard dressing and lemon juice then set aside.
- Combine your veggie mix and potatoes/onion together in a casserole pan or sheet pan. Make sure to include all the oil and garlic from the frying pan when you cooked the potatoes.
Mix the vegetables together with splash of balsamic vinegar and your seasoning (paprika, salt, pepper, etc.) Then place your fish fillets on top. Pour any extra honey mustard dressing over the entire casserole/pan coating the veggies as well. Sprinkle with optional parmesan or feta cheese.
- Bake at 450F for 14-17 minutes. Check how the veggies are doing at 14 minutes. If tender then broil the last minute to make Brussels sprouts crispy!
- Remove and garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley if desired. Salt/pepper to taste.
To make paleo, omit cheese. You can use Cod, Haddock, or any other white fish. Tilapia will cook faster so be sure to check on that during baking process.