Looking for a great, classic weeknight dinner option that the whole family will love? This Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes, made from scratch without cream of mushroom soup, and is hearty, satisfying and delicious!
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (or half a large onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces sliced white button mushrooms
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add the ground beef, onion, and minced garlic to a large skillet set over medium-high heat on the stove and season with the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is almost browned but still slightly pink and the onions have begun to soften, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the ground beef and onions and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or so, until the mushrooms are softened and brown and the meat is fully cooked.
- Add the cream cheese to the cooked meat and mushrooms and let it sit for 1-2 minutes to melt somewhat before stirring it into the meat mixture. While the cream cheese melts, combine the beef broth and milk in a separate bowl and whisk in the flour until no lumps remain.
- Visit Ground Beef Stroganoff for full instructions