Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Havarti & Balsamic Drizzle — These grilled vegetable sandwiches are the best way to celebrate summer favorites before they’re out-of-season. Grilled vegetables are stacked onto crusty bread and layered with pesto, balsamic drizzle, and melty havarti cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch strips
- 1 small zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 2 medium portobello mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices crusty bread (like sourdough)
- 8 teaspoons pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 ounces shredded havarti cheese
- A small handful of basil leaves (optional)
- 4 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar (the thick, syrupy kind – or use a balsamic glaze)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Brush the oil onto both sides of the vegetables, then season with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables onto the grill and cook on both sides until they’re nicely charred and tender without being mushy – the amount of time can vary depending on your grill, so keep an eye on the vegetables.
- Visit Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Havarti & Balsamic Drizzle for full instructions