My husband and I decided we wanted to try the meal prep world by preparing a weeks worth of food before hand. These Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowls were soooo good and it was so convenient having them prepared and ready to eat. The website we got the idea from is called Fit Men Cook. We used his idea of ingredients for the bowl: chicken, rice, quinoa, and vegetables all prepped one time for just about our weeks worth of meals. We chose to make 8 bowls worth of food. This equates to 4 days of meals for 2 people. This allowed us flexibility for the other days to have a different lunch.
- 16 ounces cooked quinoa
- 16 ounces cooked brown rice
- 4 cups/32 ounces roasted asparagus, chopped
- 4 cups/32 ounces roasted broccoli florets
- 4 cups/32 ounces roasted cauliflower florets
- 32 ounces prepared Grilled Taco Lime Chicken, cubed
Optional (would replace any of the vegetables above)
- 4 cups haricot verts
- 4 cups roasted brussel sprouts
- 4 cups charred corn
- To prepare your bowls, we used 3-cup To Go snack containers.
- Place 1/4 cup brown rice and 1/4 cup quinoa into each container.
- Top with a total of 1 1/2 cups of your cooked vegetables.
- Mix up the type of vegetables for each bowl so you have a variety each day. Add 4 ounces or 1/2 cup of your cubed chicken. We added salsa or hot sauce to season to our liking after we reheated the bowl in the microwave. A low fat dressing would work as well.
- Store these in the refrigerator and when you are ready microwave until heated through.
Note: To roast vegetables, place them onto a large baking sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and season with kosher salt and pepper. Cook in oven at 375 degrees until fork tender. Time will vary depending on vegetable.
Makes 8 Meals