- 2 cups cooked rice (or instant microwave rice)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBS low-sodium tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil (optional)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 stalk of green onions
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place a cup of rice in a mug. You want to make sure to use a fairly large mug so that you have room to lay some vegetables on top. Top with half of the vegetables, or enough to fill the mug to the top. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Puncture a few holes in the plastic wrap with a chopstick or a fork. This helps with ventilation.
- Turn the power setting of your microwave to 8/10 and set timer to 1 minute. You want to microwave the rice on high, but not at the highest setting.
- Visit Gluten Free Egg Fried Rice in a Mug for full instructions