- 1 cup shredded packed zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup creamy and runny unsalted peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder, I used Ora Organic vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a box grater, shred zucchini. Place shredded zucchini in a clean dishtowel and squeeze out all excess water. Treat the zucchini as if you were squeezing almond milk from almonds – a lot of water should come out! After you’ve squeezed out as much water as possible from the zucchini, set aside.
- Mix together creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, and eggs until combined. Add zucchini and mix until combined. Stir in vanilla protein powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt until well combined and thick.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips and nuts, reserving a few tablespoons of each to garnish the top of the loaf.
- Pour zucchini bread batter into parchment paper lined (or coconut oil greased) loaf tin. Sprinkle the excess dark chocolate chips and nuts on top.
- Bake zucchini bread for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove zucchini bread from loaf tin and let cool slightly before cutting.
- Enjoy zucchini bread with a spread of peanut butter overtop – Yum! A leftover loaf will keep refrigerated for up to five days.