Easy Strawberry Cake — these cake tastes and looks like a bakery cake, but is easier than from-scratch! It’s full of strawberries in the cake and the icing. This cake is ‘easy’ because it starts with a cake mix, but don’t worry unless you tell no one will ever know, it tastes like homemade. Fluffy, moist, studded with strawberries, and easy to whip together, Easy Strawberry Cake will be your new favorite. There is nothing like a freshly home-made cake with lots of sweet creamy frosting.
- 1 18 ounce package white cake mix (use ingredients listed here NOT what is listed on the box)
- 1 3 oz package strawberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed or finely chopped (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup vegetable oil I always use canola
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners’ sugar more if needed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream more if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries mashed or chopped fine, drained
For the Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray pans with non-stick spray. Place the cake mix, jello, strawberries, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Mix 3 minutes, stopping to scrap down sides of bowl a couple times. Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into 9×13 inch pan. For 9×13 pan bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cook layers according to directions on box of cake mix.) Remove cake and cool completely.
Visit Easy Strawberry Cake for full instructions