This simple and healthy recipe for chicken pan and asparagus is fast, delicious and satisfying! It is made from scratch without any processed ingredients. Ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect recipe for preparing meals to keep your taste buds cheerful and your belly full. Whole30 compliant.
- 5 – 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon ginger (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stems trimmed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (I used black sesame seeds)
Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Mix coconut aminos, chicken broth, tapioca starch, and ginger in a small bowl until well combined and no lumps.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 8 -10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from the skillet and reserve.
- Visit Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet for full instruction