Easy Chinese Egg Drop Soup is a really simple boiled chicken broth soup and is considered a Chinese comfort food. In its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onion (also known as green onions or scallions), but you can add extra ingredients to suit your taste buds.
- 4 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 to 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Optional: few drops sesame oil
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a wok or saucepan, bring the 4 cups of chicken broth or stock to a boil.
- Visit Easy Chinese Egg Drop Soup for full instructions