After all those delicious pies I figured I’d better make something a little healthier.
Our dad came up with this recipe years ago and we have it all the time in the summer when the cucumbers are plentiful in the garden.
He said Sue and I could share the recipe with the rest of the world as long as we give him props.
So…. for the record…..our dad is a super genius and came up with this amazing, supercalifragilisticexpiali-delicious recipe.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp light sour cream
- 1 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Peel your cucumber – or you can leave the peel on if you want – slice cucumber into fairly thin slices. Place into a colander and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Set on something to catch the water that drains off, and set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, onion, dill, vinegar, and sugar. Cover and place in fridge.
- Let cucumbers drain and dressing chill for at least an hour, up to 2 hours.
- Before serving, rinse cucumbers under running water briefly. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Toss dressing with cucumbers and serve.