Dump it and forget about it slow cooker meal! A delicious Mexican crockpot chicken and corn chowder that has the same delicious flavors of Mexican Street Corn!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Swanson® Organic Free-Range Chicken Stock or broth
- 2 cans (14.75 ounces EACH) cream style corn
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) fire-roasted corn or regular canned corn or Mexicorn
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder regular chili powder also works
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Colby OR Monterey Jack Cheese freshly grated; not from a bag
- 2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional additions: fresh lime, fresh cilantro, diced onion, hot sauce, sour cream, avocado
- Spray a large crockpot (I use a 6 quart crockpot) with nonstick spray.
- Trim the fat off of the breasts or thighs. If you are using breasts cut each breast into 2 pieces.
- Add the trimmed chicken, garlic, chicken stock, creamed cans of corn, drained fire-roasted corn, drained and rinsed black beans, undrained diced green chiles, chipotle chili powder, paprika, and cumin to the crockpot.
- Stir well. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken shreds easily.
- Visit Crockpot Mexican Street Corn & Chicken Chowder for full instructions