When I found this recipe I was so amazed and excited at the same time. Why hadn’t I ever thought of this before??? A recipe for a breakfast casserole that you put in your crock pot. Genius!! Simply put all the ingredients in your crock pot before you go to bed a wake up to a perfectly cooked breakfast casserole.
This is great for when you are hosting house guest or when you just want a lazy morning. Wake Up, Dish Up and eat. (It doesn’t get much quicker than that.)
Here is a recipe card with all the ingredients. Just click and print and you too can make this tasty, quick and easy Egg Brunch Casserole. Now just think of all the other things you can do in the morning since you won’t have to worry about baking times. (Please note I used a 5 quart crock pot for this recipe.)
- 6-8 srtrips of bacon
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 bag hash brown
- cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Spray crock pot with non- stick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon till crisp, cool, then chop into 1/2 inch pieces, set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, dan bell pepper for 5 minutes.
- Place 1/3 of frozen hash browns in the bottom of crock pot.
- Add 1/3 bacon, and 1/3 onion, garlic, pepper mixture and 1/3 cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- In large bowl mix eggs, milk, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over ingredients in crock pot, cover and turn on low.
- cook for 8-10 hours.