This Crispy Indian Okra (Bhindi) recipe tastes like spicy fried green beans only it’s much, much better. Chances are if you ask someone what okra tastes like, they’re going to tell you it tastes slimy. This okra is definitely NOT that. It’s crispy and flavorful and it’ll absolutely have you wanting more.
- 12 oz frozen baby okra (bhindi), thawed (if you can find fresh young okra, use that!)
- 3 tablespoons fat of choice (avocado oil,ghee, or schmaltz work well)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Serrano pepper (or 1-2 thai bird chilies), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ inch ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- Rinse okra, and slice into rounds. Spread them out onto a paper towel to dry while you prep the remaining ingredients. The okra must be completely dry.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of fat in a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Visit Crispy Indian Okra (Bhindi) for full instructions