You won’t believe how easy this is! As always, I made changes to the original recipe and I’ve posted my “version”. This is a big recipe, but you can easily half it.
This is an easy casserole to make and would be perfect for company. I wouldn’t recommend putting all the ingredients together the night before like other breakfast casseroles. You can reduce your morning prep time by doing a little prep work before bedtime. Cut up the cinnamon rolls and put in a resealable container. Combine the whipping cream, cinnamon, and vanilla cut up the cinnamon rolls and put in another container. In the morning, proceed with the recipe and bake.
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or baking spray
- 2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Icing from cinnamon rolls
- Maple syrup (if desired) –I found it was sweet enough without it.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with 1/4 cup syrup.
- Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle icing over top. If desired, spoon syrup over individual servings.