Please note that the almond butter gets much creamier than the picture indicates (though it does take about 15 minutes!), but after making my batch I was distracted by a hungry baby and I forgot to snap a final product picture. Mommy brain at it’s finest!
These frozen banana bites are perfect for a quick, sweet treat and toddlers love them too.
- 3 large bananas
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate of choice
- Slice bananas into slices about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Spread a little nut butter onto a slice and sandwich two slices together.
- Place on wax paper on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid, at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and remove frozen banana bites from freezer.
- Dip each banana bite in chocolate and place back on wax paper. Freeze for another hour.
- Transfer and keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.